An ozone-friendly alternative to methyl bromide
Based on ethanedinitrile, EDN® FUMIGAS is an ozone-friendly alternative to methyl bromide. EDN FUMIGAS limits the impact of pests and disease on timber and in agriculture. It can be used to sterilise soil and control insects, diseases, nematodes, weeds and other parasites before planting fruit and vegetables. It can also be used to fumigate harvested timber and logs. High penetration characteristics make it ideal for eliminating wood boring beetles in timber for instance.
Comparable to methyl bromide in terms of efficiency, EDN FUMIGAS requires less dosage per commodity, has a shorter fumigation period (within 24 hours) and the additional benefit of leaving residues that degrade to become useful nitrogen-based metabolites. Which means you get to replant more quickly.
Benefits at a glance
• Viable alternative to ozone-depleting methyl bromide
• Drop-in replacement for methyl bromide
• Pre- and post-harvest solution to manage risks and protect your investment
• Low environmental impact
• Ease of use
• Shorter plant-back period than methyl bromide for easier planning and greater productivity
• Patented technology is the result of many years of research
• Backed by our extensive consulting, installation, safety training and support services
• Efficiency gains thanks to dedicated, innovative dispensing solution.
Each fumigant is subject to local regulatory approval. Please refer to the local product specimen label for details of locally approved crops and pests. The global crop science team can provide you with details and availability of product for trials or commercial use.